Thursday, September 13, 2007

Artic blast

Man was it cool tonight on the run. I think the temperature when we started was like 60' or so. Plus it was pretty windy so that just made it seem that much colder. I think it was the first time in a while that I ran in a long sleeve shirt. Hell Sonya had her gloves on !!! But if I had to choose I would take this over the extreme heat any day. I guess I am a Minnesotan to the core. Sonya, Evan and I went on the run tonight with our friend Jason Zarn in St Paul along the river road. I forgot how much I used to run along the river road. It sure is a great place to run. Today was another day of feeling real good. Man that is such a good feeling !!! Now if I can just get in a solid week and a half then rest I will be ready to go. I tried out a new pair of Saucony lightweight shoes tonight that I might use at TCM. They felt pretty good but I will need to get a few more runs in them and see. I think I will try them on the long run this weekend.

On a side note it was great to see Jason, it has been awhile since we last ran. Jason is getting married 1 week from Saturday. It sure sounds like it will be a blast. Good luck man.

Miles for the day= 9+

1 comment:

sr in tx said...

I miss the river road run. I was back in May and ran the Lake Street Bridge loop near campus. I can't wait to get back there to do it again.

Enjoy the cool weather - we're finally breaking out of the 90's here in TX and into more runner-friendly weather.