Saturday, December 22, 2007

Let it snow

I woke up this morning to get ready for my morning run with Nick to find some good snow on the ground and more falling from the sky. I am not sure if I have ever said on here how much I love running in the snow. Something about it is just so cool to me. Plus with the new snow I thought I would use this as a chance to try my new Puma Trailfox running shoes. I am looking to try a few different type of trail shoes this winter and spring. My hope is to find that perfect shoe for my upcoming race in August at the Leadville trail 100. Yea I laid out my $215 dollars or what ever it was this last week !! So I guess I know of one race for sure I am doing.

As I started out I could tell it was still pretty nice temperature wise. I think it was still like 30' out ? I was looking for 1 hour of running so I met Nick at the band shell and we took of from there. We thought it would be nice to do the cemetery loop since it had been awhile since the last time. Well it turned out to be a good choice. With this snow being the sticky kind the trees looked so cool !! It was great to be running with Nick on this loop. I was feeling really pretty good. I can tell the hills knock a bit out of me at this time but I am ready to keep getting better. I am real happy with how this week has come along so far. By the time I got home I had 1 hour and 5 min's on the watch. I am guessing that was like 8 miles or so.

I LOVE RUNNING !!!!

No comments: