Sunday, March 30, 2008

Crazy nice weekend



So this weekend seemed so nice after what we have been going through as of late. Not to mention I felt super good both day this weekend. This was one of the best weeks of training I have had in some time. THANK GOD !!!!! I really needed it after the last few weeks. So much is mad about how many miles we are getting in per week but I believe equally important is how we are feeling mentally as well during that time.

This weekend was also the World Cross Country Championships in Scotland. The USA Women's team was lead by two Team USA MN runner in Emily Brown and Katie McGregor. Also on the junior girls side the USA team was lead by two MN girls as well !! The men's team was lead by Jorge Torres. I always love this race. For some great pictures look at this site, what a amazing course.

Lastly this weekend was nice for me since I got to meet Adam while working this weekend. After talking in blog land it was nice to meet face to face. I am looking forward to running some this year with him.

Sat. 3/29- Sonya and I ran with all the kids for the first 5 miles after I got off work. It was very fun to have the whole gang out there. The crazy wind made it hard for Kyra and Summer to bike at times but it all worked out. After we dropped them off Sonya and I took Evan for 5 more miles. I felt super good.

Totals: 1:19:25 10 miles ( New Balance 826 )

Sun. 3/30- Ran with Paul, Heather and Sonya on the Hopkins trail out towards Chaska. Wow super great weather and company on a great dirt path. What more could a guy ask for huh. It was super cool to run with Heather as she was back from Chicago for a visit. We sure do miss her allot. Felt super today as well.

Totals: 2:26:07 20 miles ( Nike Haywards )

Weekly Totals: 72 miles

No comments: