Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where to start



So it has been a few weeks since my last blog post. There has been much going on in my life. For one life is always crazy and changing for all the parents out there. That is for sure the case for Sonya and I with the 3 kids. Sonya and I like to think of it " organize cahoas ". My running has been pretty good overall with a few days in there where I really felt like I was making a nice jump in fitness, but more on that later. We also had a great Halloween and Sonya had a good time at the Surf the Murph 50k. She was the second woman in I think like 5:25 ?? Not to bad I thought since she does not like running downhills, ex specially ones with all the fallen leaves on them to hide the rocks, etc. I actually thought it was a big steep forward for her to want to try something like this that was going to take her out of her comfort zone so much. Nice job Sonya !!! Also nice job to the people who put on the race as it was first class and one I hope is around for a long time to come.

Now back to fill you in on my running. Like I said it has been pretty good overall. I have had many more good days than bad. I have felt pretty good running between 60 and 70 miles per week the last 2 weeks. I have had a few good 20 mile runs in that time and a few great hilly tempo runs. One thing that has been a problem as of late has been that I feel like might be getting a sports hernia now on my left side. One year ago this week I had the surgery on my right side and that worked great. At the time they felt like my left side was pretty good so we left it alone. Well now I sit here 1 year later maybe in the same boat. Man I am upset about this !! I am going to make a appointment with my doctor this week to see what they think. In the mean time I will continue to do what I have been doing till I know what I will next be doing.

I hope to get better at blogging more often but life on the computer has been a slow going as of late. When I only have a short window each night I seem to rather look up what everyone else is doing that write about me. Keep enjoying the great weather people !!! I love the fall.

5 comments:

SteveQ said...

I saw Evan at the Surf the Murph long before I saw any of the rest of the family. He's growing so fast!

Sonya gets bonus points for running such a tough course. I DNFed, so you know it wasn't easy.

Helen said...

Hope you get good news at the doc. Or at least find out exactly what's going on. I am battling a sore foot (overuse no doubt) and seem to be following a trail of injured runner blogs these days :)

Congrats to Sonya. I didn't know if she ran trails. Great job on what sounded like a tough course.

Kel said...

Surf the Murph is a great run, and we couldn't have had a more perfect day for it! Thanks for the shout out as you were passing by :)

Hope you don't have to go through another round of sports hernia hell - seems like everything was just coming together again after last year.

SteveQ said...

I see there's a Decker half marathon (and Doubledecker Marathon) in Austin (Tex)Dec. 7th. You should do it for the fun of it.

Kurt said...

Steve, Yes I do know the sting of a DNF. But I do belive sometimes it is for the best in the long run. Also that is funny about the race in Austin. We will see.

Helen, Ya Sonya race most of the time on the roads but loves the trails. The only catch for her is she feels like she will fall so easy on non Hyland Park trails so it does make it harder on her. I keep telling her to keep at it as it will get better.

Kel, Keep at it I am pumed to see you cross the line at the Chip 50k next spring !!