I always like the first day of the new year. There is always so much promise out there. Now I do know that every year has it ups and downs. That is life, but I just like that feeling of a "clean slate" that January 1st brings with it.
Last year was a mix bag for me. I would say there seemed to be many more bumps in the road that I was hoping for but there was also lots of really good things as well. Things like....
* Got to watch Evan learn to grow like a crazy man.
* Watch as the girls get bigger and bigger. How did that happen so fast.
* Spend lots of good time running with my good pal Paul.
* Continue running many miles with my super wife Sonya !!!!
* Start my new gig at TC Running.
* Meet Joe, Brian, Arly and the gang and start running some with them.
* Ran some new races for me like Afton 50k and Leadville 100.
Well come to think about it I could go on for a long time about all the good things. I look forward to 2009 and what it will bring. I look forward to pushing myself harder than I ever have. I believe I am off to a great start after partying with Paul's family last night and having a great 55 min run with Sonya. Happy New Year people !!!
P.S. It looks like most people are telling me to go to Leadville in 2009. I think they might be right. Thanks for the input.