Tuesday, April 29, 2008

M.I.A.




So man it has been awhile since I have posted anything. Well it has been a packed week. Where to start ? Well I am very happy to report that I have after a long wait been able to run on some trails for many days in a row !!! Wow does that feel good. I ran trails everyday so far since last Wednesday.

I had a good time out running with this last Friday morning with a bunch of guys I have met Thu the store. They run every Friday morning out on the trails at Hyland at 6am. We had a great but muddy run. It was very fun to be cruising the trails with 7other guys. I hope to become a regular with this group.

On Saturday which was also my birthday !!! I ran the river bottoms with my buddy Nick. I was a very nice run even if we where running in tights with light snow falling on April 26th. It felt like a perfect place to start out my b-day. Later that night Sonya had a great party for me at the house. We had many people packed into out little place but it was so good to see everyone.

Sunday's morning run with Paul came much faster than I hoped it would. After getting only a few hours sleep the night before I was ready to hit my first ski hill/ long run session for the year. It was a good morning and I was happy to be back at the "hill" after a year long break from it. Paul and I where crushing the hills over and over. It felt good, but I knew I was feeling that this was the first time of the year. This first time is always the worst. When we where done we had run 15 hills on the ski hill and some solid loops in the park as well. In all we got in 2 hours and 20 min's of running.

Monday I woke up feeling like I had run my first ever marathon. My legs where so sore. My left hamstring was by far the worse. I took the day off as there was no way I was going to be able to run. Oh well this is what always happens.

On Tuesday morning I felt better so I went out to the trails at Cedar lake and Theo Wirth park. While it was nice to run for 5 miles on the dirt, I should have stayed on some flat area. Running down the hills just made me feel worse. Sometimes the draw of the trails gets the better of me. I am going to have to take it easy if I hope to have a good back end to the week.

No comments: