Sunday, March 4, 2007

Longer than I thought

So I went into this run with the idea of let try to go as far as my rib would let me. I met up at Lake Calhoon with Sonya, Steve and Nick. I was not to bad of a morning. It was a little cold but we new it would be getting warmer as the day went on. The idea was to go 20 miles. We decided to run toward Lake of the Isles and to the river road cutting threw downtown. That part was nice, it had been a while since I ran threw that part of town. From there it was up the river road past the U of M to the midtown greenway. Up till this part i was feeling pretty good. Once on the greenway it was a straight shot back to Lake Calhoon. Sonya was not feeling good and had asked Steve and I to go ahead and she would get us at the van. Well as Steve and I got closer I thought I would go back and run Sonya in. So I ran, and ran, and ran. I never saw Sonya. At that point I knew she took a different way back. So now I had to turn around and run all the way back. I was a bit pissed but as I got closer I looked at it as I was forced to get in a extra 4 miles or so. I would have never done that on my own on that day. So heck ribs not to bad and a 24+ mile run !!! Not a bad day.

No comments: