Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nice Hill Workout

So today was a workout day. I was hoping to do a Tuesday/Thursday workout schedule this week but with the crazy snow/rain/wind on Tuesday then the cold and ice yesterday I ended up with just today to do my workout. I figured I would stick to the hills I was to do since I new "my hill" was clear of snow and ice. After a great warm up along the parkway I was ready to roll. I think the hill is about 400 to 500 meters long, it does not matter as I was just looking to keep it fresh, fast and strong. The first 2 where pretty hard but nothing like the last 3. Man I could feel the lactic acid building earlier with each one but I was able to keep the pace the same for all of them !!! My max heart rate was smoking but in a good way it felt good. I am not sure if I will try to sneak in something before the end of the week yet. I guess I will play in by ear. I ended up all in all today with 10 miles and 5 x hills.

Here are some good video's on a great runner in my mind. He had a tuff year last year but I am hoping he can come back hard this year. Good luck Buster !!!






No comments: