Sunday, February 8, 2009

Strong finish I guess

So after a slower start to the week I came on nice and strong at the end of the week. I find myself having a hard time getting out the door both mentally and with the amount of time I have set aside family wise as of late. So often I feel like I am listening to a broken record in my head about getting out for a run. I will be honest it is CRAZY hard to feel that way. That being said I know I can overcome it !!

I did have a great run Tuesday night after work with Jason "Zippy" Minnick. We cranked out a solid 8+ mile run. It was colder but I felt like I nailed it clothing wise. After one more day off on Wednesday I got out there Thursday and had a good 5 mile run. Friday was also a good one and the weather was starting to feel much better to me. Both of these runs where on the parkway and by the lakes. I find with all the melt and re-freeze those places are in good shape so I don't slip and kill myself.

Saturday I ran after a crazy busy day at the store. You can tell people are ready for nice weather. It drives them into the store for new shoes big time. I started out pretty easy on this run but built into the pace. After about 15 min's I was feeling very good. With all the hills on the back side by the store I always feel like I get a solid run in. Part of what was driving me was this whole 20 min challenge Adam has with me for Grandma's marathon this June. He seems to think he can spot me 20 mins' and still beat me. I hope to make him very wrong on this !!

Today I got my long run in at the store with both Paul and Adam. We first did a 8+ mile loop with Adam them the "real" men Paul and I added on another 8+ miles to get a very solid 16+ mile and 2 hour day in. I think next week I need to try and get closer to 20 miles before a rest week. I will keep using my heart monitor each day to make sure I do not over do it. I am trying to keep the pace good but not to good.

I ended the week with like 45 miles on 5 days of running. Short of the goal from a few weeks ago but ok in the grand idea of things for me.

No comments: