Monday, December 1, 2008

Minnesota music- The Jayhawks

This week I wanted to share some video's of the great Jayhawks. Man these guys are good. While I like the rockin type of music alot I am a sucked for some great Singer/songwriter type of stuff as well. Now to me I would say there was two different times with the Jayhawks. The first being with singer Mark Olson in the band trading lines with Gary and the years after Mark left the band and Gary did all the singing. Both great but in some way different. I think with Mark the band had a more country type feel to it at times. I saw these guys many times over the years and every time I loved them. A few years ago for New Years Eve Sonya and I saw them at the 400 club play a great " suprize " show. I have even heard that they might all get back togeather soon ? I hope so. I would also suggest looking into there solo records as well.

First with Mark


Now the years after with Gary leading

3 comments:

Gregg said...

Hell Yah!!!
One of my all time favorites for sure...
There are two bands I am waiting for you to remark on, if I don't see them this week I will let you know.
Think early 90's...

Chad said...

Yeah, one of my all-time favorites too.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Kurt. I am looking forward to you rounding it off with some vintage Soul Asylum.

- Tony Kocanda