Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Speeding along the parkway

Today I got out in the morning with Sonya and Evan in the jogger. Sonya had to do a easy run with 10x 1min on and 1 min off in the middle of it. She is in the taper mode for the upcoming Twin Cities Marathon so she is trying to stay fresh and get in a little quick turnover. Evan and I decided to join in with her. We ran down to the parkway and then headed towards Lake Nakomis. After a 20 min warm up we started in on the pick ups. I felt really good since I was pushing the jogger for them. I was using my Newton shoes once more today. I have never done any speed work in them. They felt good since they got me so much up on the forefoot. I think both Sonya and I felt good about the run. We ended u running like 7 miles in 54 mins and I kept my ave heart rate at 122. This has been a nice few days of running.

No comments: