Monday, May 11, 2009

Running the River Bottoms

Well one more week in the books. This was a pretty good week overall. I came out of the week feeling like I had a few good runs overall with a few easy recovery type runs. The week was highlighted with a super great Sunday long run on the MN river bottoms with Paul. Man on Sunday it was the first time in a long time I felt more like what I am calling the "old" kurt. I felt smooth, strong, easy and in control the whole run. Now if I can just get more of that on a weekly basis.

Monday- easy 10 miles with Sonya on the MKTA LRT

Tuesday- ran with Minnick and Keiser for 8

Wednesday- Took day off, just ran out of hours in the day I guess

Thursday- did speed workout down at the lakes. did 5x 800 with 1 min rest. got in 10 miles overall

Friday- early morning loop with the guys at Hyland, good run !! got in 8 miles

Saturday- ran lakes with Nick. good to catch up with him. got in 8+ miles ( Sonya won the New Prague 1/2 marathon !! )

Sunday- MN river bottoms with Paul. ran 20+ with ave pace at 7:56. Was at 7:05-7:16 pace on most parts that did not have hills.

Weekly miles= 65

If you are looking for a GREAT CD check out the new Ben Harper and Relentless 7 !!

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

Send my congrats to Sonya. That's a big race she won!