Friday, November 2, 2007

Mens super race

Well we are just a few hours away from what I see is as the greatest U.S. championship race ever !! I know that is saying allot but I truly feel that way. If nothing else it has the potential to be one of the best. In most races you can point to like 3 maybe 4 people as favorites for the top 3 spots. In my mind this year there are like 9-10 guys who could make the top 3. I guess we will see it is great to see so many people stepping it up to the marathon distance.

It sounds like it could be a windy day tomorrow. I wonder how that with a hilly like course will make the pace tactics go ? I think there is no way everybody will let it go till the last 3 or 4 miles. I am guessing the breaks start at like 13 or 14 miles. Here are my top 10 predictions.

1. Ryan Hall
2. Dathan Ritzenhein
3. Abdi Abdirahman
4. Meb Keflezighi
5. Alan Culpepper
6. Josh Rohatinsky
7. Jason Lehmkuhle
8. Brian Sell
9. James Carney
10. Fasil Bizuneh

3 comments:

SteveQ said...

Ryan Hall died at 5 miles. Literally.

He'll be missed.

Kurt said...

you mean Ryan Shay.

SteveQ said...

Oops. Of course. Thinking of one, wrote the other.