Saturday, July 11, 2009

I got a score to settle......


Last year's Leadville 100 mile race in the rain !!

So I did it. I put my name on the dotted line and signed up for the Leadville trail 100 mile run !!! As pretty much anyone who knows me would tell you this race has been a thorn in my side for the last year. Well I am going back to settle the score.

Last year as we are sitting at the pre race meeting one of the race people Ken talked about not stopping because if you do it will eat at you for the next 365 days. At the time I was like yea what ever. Well I know now way to well what he was saying. All year I have been going this race in my head trying to figure out how and why I got so weak and dropped out at 70 miles. Well as I have seen it was not a matter of being week or doing something wrong. It was just being human and having one of those moments i guess. We as people always try to pin everything on something when in fact sometime shit just happens. Well I am going into this year with knowing that and with a different outlook. I know I can run well there but I need to just spend time running the race rather than being so rigged with how every little step is going. Should be fun. As a good test Paul and I are going up north this weekend to run the Voyageur 50 mile course on Sunday morning !! Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome kurt! you have my support!

Anonymous said...

Settle it!

SteveQ said...

Teach that course who's tougher!

Glad to see Sonya had a better day at the 1/2 Voyageur.

Joe Z said...

Nice - it will be great.

Helen said...

Great stuff - sounds like the fire is burning!!