Saturday, January 18, 2014

What a Long Winter its been!!

Man oh man it seems like this winter season just will not let up. Most years it seems like we either have a winter of lot's of snow or lot's of real cold days. This year we have been lucky enough to get both and them seem to never end. On my run yesterday I was thinking to myself that hey it is almost February and after that there is like 4-6 week left of winter for the most part and that does not seem to bad. Well on tonights run I could not stop thinking how I was not sure I could take much more of this. Am I just getting old? Well at least I have been having fun with my week by week pictures of my ice beards!


Most my weeks this month have been so so miles wise. I think I have been hitting between 35-50 miles every week with a good long run of 2.5 hours or so each and every week. While I do not think that is great I also do not think it is bad as well. I hope to be a solid 50-60 miles each week in February so that come March when I hope to really hit it good and get up in that 70 miles each week phase. If I can do that I think it should set me up real nice for my upcoming 3 races for the spring/ early summer season. Black Hills 100 miler I am coming for you.....

As I sit hear tonight I am going over my list for my upcoming trip to Chile and Antarctica for the White Continent marathons. Not sure how I am going to do it bag wise but I am thinking one of two things will have to happen. 1) wear the same base clothing all week 2) find myself a good laundry area down there!!! It seems to be shaping up for a good trip and  look forward to sharing the pictures from it!! Well till next time stay strong and take care!!
Last year's trip!!!

1 comment:

David said...

How do I sign for your web blog? I had prefer to stick to your updates as they promptessay.com arrive along! I'd a query to interrogate but I forgot what it absolutely was... anyways, thank you very much:))